During the song, Olaf is brought to mind about summer. He dreams about the activities he would like to do in summer, naive about what would happen to him.
Kristoff: Really? I'm guessing you don't have much experience with heat.
Olaf: Nope! But sometimes I like to close my eyes and imagine what it'll be like when summer does come.
Bees will buzz
Kids will blow dandelion fuzz
And I'll be doing whatever snow does
A drink in my hand
My snow up against the burning sand
Probably getting gorgeously tanned
I'll finally see a summer breeze
Blow away a winter storm
And find out what happens to solid water
When it gets warm
And I can't wait to see
What my buddies all think of me!
Just imagine how much cooler I'll be
Da da... Da doo
A bah bah ba baba boo
The hot and the cold are both so intense
Put 'em together, it just makes sense!
Rat dadat dadat dadat dadadadadoo
Winter's a good time to stay in and cuddle
But put me in summer and I'll be a —
When life gets rough I like to hold on to my dream
Of relaxing in the summer sun, just lettin' off steam!
Oh the sky will be blue
And you guys'll be there too
When I finally do what frozen things do
Kristoff: I'm gonna tell him.
Anna: Don't you dare!
Olaf: In summer!!!
- There is also an instrumental version of "In Summer".
- A much shorter version of this song was made to promote the "Frozen Party" for Disney's online game Club Penguin.
- The first bee that flies in lands on a flower and starts bobbing its head to the instrumental.
- When Olaf sings the line, "A drink in my hand...", the ice cubes within the glass Olaf is holding are shaped like Olaf himself. A similar thing occurs with a cloud shaped like Olaf.
- Olaf's summer idea would resemble to a deleted scene that the Frozen creators made called "Meet Kristoff 2" where he finds his own summer oasis.